Oh boy. All of the things are happening! I think I'll go ahead and just make a list.
1. Poems! (The Excelano Project Show is in a week in a half. "Split No Lightning.")
2. Lines lines lines! (Children's Hour opens in 2.5 weeks. Cloud 9 opens in 4.5. BADA audition in 1.5)
3. Summer Apps! (Finishing up my very last application for summer acting intensive programs.)
4. Thesis! (Working on a proposal for an honors English thesis for UPenn.)
5. Playwriting! (Something I'm totally new at. Submitted a short piece to a Penn contest, for funsies)
In my spare time, I'm writing little short poems, and taking too many pictures. Check out the view from where I'm staying.
Other things: I just watched a documentary called "The Artist is Present," about a performance art piece at the MOMA by Marina Abromovic. Check it out. One of those changes-the-way-I-think-about-humanity type things. I also just watched Amanda Palmer's TED talk. (Fun fact: I was at the gig when she first "practiced" the talk. If you track down the video, I'm sitting in the front row in an awkward green tank top.) Anyway, it was super inspiring. It's about the music industry, but also how art functions as an honest/personal exchange between artist and audience.
In other news, here's a video I acted in for a friend last year. (See below.) It was one of those "final project" type videos for a Video I class. I.e. all of us working on it agreed it was totally abysmal. But....The music! Is spectacular! And written by my extremely talented older sister, who wants to score films professionally. Check out that film score. And check out her website.
What is this page for?
It's for THIS!