Happy Fall, friends!
Just like that, the Philly FringeArts Festival is over, and autumn is upon us. Hope y'all are enjoying the leaves/boots/cider/scarf weather as much as I am. And now, for some updates (I guess, or whatever).
1. Marbles! It happened. Wowza. We had five completely sold out shows, two excellent reviews, and an all-around marvelous time bringing this new piece to the folks of Philadelphia. Check out what citypaper and Phindie had to say. And see some pics from the fabulous JJ Tizou. Not sure what's next for M and F - but will keep y'all updated. Thanks again to all the gorgeous, gorgeous peeples who helped make it happen!
2. Safe Space! Also happened! I was a lucky kiddo this Fringe Festival. Check out the citypaper's review of the show (!). We had a marvelous run - a lovely time, working with lovely, talented artists. (Peep Emma Goidel, Doug Williams and Emily Acker, the stupidly-talented playwrights.) And some more photos by JJ.
3. Barnstable @ 375 - About a week and a half ago, I had the enormous pleasure of performing in my hometown for their 375th anniversary (Woo! History! Pilgrims!). An incredibly grainy video of the performance is chilling right here - I wrote a poem for the event about being from Barnstable. Big thanks to Jung-Ho Pak and the Cape Cod Symphony for having me.
4. Naked - This weekend (Fri/Sat) I'm participating in Plays and Players' 2nd Annual Fringe Recover 24-Hour Play Festival: Naked. Produced by Amber Emory, featuring a slew of frabjous Philly actors, directors and playwrights. Check it! All material created, as the name would suggest, in a 24-hour period/completely from scratch. (More deets on my homepage.)
5. TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb - Also this month - shooting a music vid with the funky (folksy) folks of TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb. For their new album KONG. Stay tuned. And check 'em.
6. A Pinch of Pandora - That chapbook! That I wrote! Before I graduated college! I sort of finally have some downtime this month, and so. Will be actually self-publishing that shiz. Deets and links to come. Yay poetry yay page poetry wahoo huzzah!
7. TryCaviar - Also had the pleasure of doing another shoot for TryCaviar, a fab new food delivery service in the Illadelph. Check out their now-launched-gorgeous site. I shot Aya's Cafe and Cuba Libre. (A picture of some delicious meat platter thing to the right. Yum.)
8. And last, but certainly not least....I'm writing something new. Probably gonna be a solo show, of sorts. Will say nothing else, cept that it's real exciting to be working on something new these days.... And to the right there, there's a little photograph/hint. ASSUME NOTHING. ASSUME EVERYTHING.
Thanks for reading! That's all for the moment. AND NOW EVERYONE STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND GO JUMP IN SOME LEAVES.
What is this page for?
It's for THIS!