Hello! Two months later and I'm a college graduate. (HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?) As such, I'm moving into a new apartment east of University City, and trying to get my life sorted. Huzzah!
And now for some updates....
1. Romeo and Juliet, after 59 performances, has closed. Whew! What a lovely experience. Enormous thanks to the superb cast, the patient crew, and especially director David O'Connor. Check out production stills here. (I'm floating in the back of a party scene shot.) Check out some press here, and generally check out Philly Shakes here. (Turns out they're one of only a handful of theaters in the country that do exclusively Shakespeare year round.)
2. Best of Craigslist is underway. We have a script in order (based on personal ads both the cast and director Amber Emory brought in), and we are putting it on its feet this week. What a lovely group of ladies. We run June 13-15. Find out more about Simpatico Second Stages here!
3. Stuff Happens opens tonight (what?) yes, TONIGHT! I've spent the last two weeks rehearsing for this staged reading at New City Stages with a fabulous cast of twelve actors, and my extra fabulous stage manager Rebecca Adelsheim. It's been a terrific learning experience, and I can't wait to share it with an audience. (It's an ensemble play based in recent history, exploring the U.S. entry into the Middle East subsequent to 9/11, centering on characters including Bush, Rumsfeld, Powell, Blair, and the like.) It's FREE. And I think its message is significant. Find out more here. (See a rehearsal shot to the right.)
4. Currently in the works is A Pinch of Pandora - a chapbook of poetry I wrote during my undergraduate career. I compiled a full draft as part of an independent study this spring, and am working on finishing touches. More deets coming soon as I go to print!
5. Had the chance to work on a funky little project - the Penn edition of the First Kiss video trend. I'll say no more, except that it was awkward and lovely, and has made for a good conversation starter in Penn circles, Check out the original here, and the Penn edition above and to the right.
6. The video I filmed in March, Breed: X, just dropped its trailer! Props to director/editor/screenwriter Audrey Hamm, and her fantastic team. There's some creepy alien-Hannah time around 1:04 and 2:22, I believe. Also some voiceover stuff. Full movie coming in August! Check it. Also spent a good portion of my spring shooting By Tuesday, a short student film through Penn's Bent Button Productions. Thanks to writer and director Ann Molin for a great time, and a lovely experience. Should be dropping this summer.
7. Have also had the chance to do lots of shooting of my own over the past few months. These include a shoot for Penn bellydance troupe "Yalla," some Penn senior friends of mine, some fellow actors, as well as salon events for the Directors Gathering. Some shots are to the right, and are also up on my photography tab under recent captures, as well as in the general galleries. Check out some more of the DG photos here from their inaugural salon.
8. And now....Last but certainly not least....I'm just getting underway with a piece that will be performed in September in the Philadelphia Fringe! Featuring myself and fellow actor Sam Sherburne, directed by Will Steinberger, with Creative Producing courtesy of Rebecca Adelsheim. It's tentatively titled Marbles. Will be coming at you soon with more deets about the project, including our indiegogo to fund this shiz.
WHOO. Okay, that's all for now! Thanks for reading. As always, leave comments if you wanna chat! Hope everyone is having a lovely May, wherever they are.
What is this page for?
It's for THIS!